Please select an animal first
Old age is not a disease - but Osteoarthritis is.
It's tempting to think that your beloved dog is getting slower, sleeping more, and less active due to old age. Chances are, they are probably just too sore to continue to run, fetch the ball and jump around as they used to. 1 in 5 dogs are suffering from arthritis, many of them are undiagnosed. Bomazeal® Mobilize can help. Extend your love, and give your dog a chance to return to the healthy active dog they once were. Speak to your vet about getting started on Bomazeal® Mobilize today.
Your pet may be showing some of these signs:
- Difficulty getting in and out of the car
- Difficulty going up and down stairs
- Difficulty getting on and off the bed
- Reluctant to go for a walk or play
- Limping or stiffness
- Licking a single joint frequently (pain)
- Change in character or aggression
- Reluctance to be patted or picked up
Osteoarthritis is a debilitating disease whereby pain and stiffness develop as a result of wear and tear on the joints.
Cartilage reduces stress on bones by acting like a shock absorber, minimising impact on joints. When cartilage is damaged, a cascade of inflammatory changes occur, eventually leading to destruction of the cartilage and subsequent damage to the underlying bone; joints become painful causing lameness.
These changes are not curable, but you can help lessen the pain and inflammation associated with these changes. With some simple lifestyle changes and following the advice from your veterinarian, which may include products like Bomazeal® Initialize or Mobilize, your dog can return to the active healthy lifestyle both you and your dog enjoy. An examination by a vet can be enough to indicate where your pet is sore, and often a vet can diagnose arthritis with a thorough exam. The vet may then prescribe you some pain relief such as Initialize, or recommend a joint supplement such as Bomazeal® Mobilize. Finally there's a product where nature and medicine come together …
The natural choice, with Green Lipped Mussel Mobilize is a tasty tablet that is a safe, natural alternative for management of the symptoms of osteoarthritis in dogs. In fact, Bomazeal® Mobilize is the ONLY natural product with an ACVM approved label claim to aid in the treatment of noninfectious inflammatory joint disease and arthritis in New Zealand. Mobilize is available without a prescription.
- Green-Lipped Mussel Extract - a sustainable, natural source of chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine sulphate and omega-3 fatty acids produced in New Zealand from clean unpolluted coastal waters. It has been shown to slow the degenerative process and has an anti-inflammatory action.
- Shark Cartilage - a source of chondroitin sulphate and mucopolysaccharides, which are major constituents of cartilaginous material in joint surfaces, ligaments and tendons. Cartilage is obtained from sharks fished by commercial fishermen for human consumption. Where previously cartilage was discarded as waste, it is now used in Bomazeal® Mobilize tablets.
- Deer Velvet - implicated in the restoration of normal body processes, strengthening of general body functions, healing, promoting blood cell growth, improving the immune system and influencing cardiovascular function.
- Enzogenol - a powerful formulation of antioxidants from the bark of Pinus radiata. It contains a concentrated blend of flavonoids and plant phenols that enhance the body's own free radical defense mechanism, providing numerous health benefits.
All the benefits of Green Lipped Mussel combined with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory which acts as a pain killer (Available only under veterinary authorization)
Bomazeal® Initialize is the first product on the New Zealand market which combines Green Lipped Mussel Extract supplying the molecules proven to repair and maintain the joints, with the addition of Carprofen (a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent) which effectively reduces pain and inflammation.
Which product is right for my dog?
Bomazeal® Mobilize is available over the counter. It is a natural product containing green lipped mussel, which has many benefits in the management of arthritic dogs. Bomazeal® Initialize requires a prescription from your vet as it contains a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent which acts as a pain killer, along with green lipped mussel.
Speak to your vet today about which product is right for your dog.
What else can i do to help?
Weight management - Joints that are already sore and stressed are made worse when they have to support extra weight. Reducing weight leads to significant improvement in the quality of life of your pet.
Therapeutic exercise - Exercise must be a balance between not over exerting the joints, but enough to try and reduce stiffness and muscle wastage. Exercise may need to be gentle lead walks rather than high energy activities. Hydrotherapy can be very effective; the buoyancy of water limits the impact on joints while promoting muscle strength, tone, and joint motion. Ask your vet for advice on this.
Help around the home - Dog beds can help provide some comfort with sleeping, padding helps alleviate excess pressure on sore joints. Providing warmth such as heat pads can make your pet more comfortable during the winter months. Provide good footing to avoid slipping and falling. Carpet runners work well on hardwood floors. Minimize stair climbing by using ramps, and portable ramps can assist dogs getting in and out of cars.